So, I decided to get on board with the technology trend, but in a different way. Enter, the Power Glow Fitness App. Developed by the creators of TrainerFu, the Power Glow App is a Virtual Interactive Training Studio. What does that even mean?!
The Power Glow app is different than any app that you can pay a fee to download from iTunes. Most downloadable apps in the app store have pre-loaded workouts. This may work well for some, but others need customized and personalized plans designed specifically for you and your goals. The Power Glow App is not a template workout program. It is a personalized program, designed specifically for YOU, and is manned and controlled completely by me. Here's how to get the PGF app and it's highlights.
1. Consultation. Either by phone or in person, we will discuss your needs and fitness goals. Consultations can also include a physical assessment either in person or via Skype or FaceTime when necessary. This is an important step for me to understand exactly what you need in terms of programming and support.
2. Downloading the app. Once you've decided you want to be a part of the PGF team, you are emailed your invitation to download the PGF app at no additional cost. You can only get the app this way.
3. Your Plan. I will get started building your program in the app. Since your program is customized for you, I build your workouts from scratch in the app based on what we discussed in your consultation. Your plan will always start where you are in the fitness spectrum. The entire weeks workouts, which include video demonstration of every exercise, will be there for you to view.
4. Your job. Do that days workout and use the logging feature to let me know your workout is done in the comment box. Your feedback here is important as this feedback is data that I use to plan each week. The more feedback the better!
PGF App Highlights:
1. The app is like a virtual community. All Power Glow clients, either online or in-person, can see each others activity within the app unless they choose to hide the activity so that only I can see it. My favorite part of the PGF app is that my clients comment on each others logged workouts, and encourage each other with virtual high fives and encouragement on tough days. It's sort of like a social media page. There's a newsfeed where I can post messages to the group. I use this to communicate important information, for motivational messages and for heath and fitness education. Clients can like and comment on the newsfeed posts as they do on each others workout logs. I get notifications on every like, comment and workout logged in the app and I provide high level support by responding as soon as I can.
2. The app can be completely private. All PGF clients have the option to keep their logged workouts and feedback on those workouts private so that only I can see. This is useful if a client has feedback or a question that they wouldn't want the others to see. Privacy at PGF is very important to me as I want my clients to feel comfortable discussing anything with me so that I can better help them. There is also a private messaging tool within the app that works just like text messaging. This is where a LOT of the client support between just the two of us happens. With the private messaging feature, we will discuss in-depth, your struggles each day or week. This is where your high level support, motivation, strategy, and accountability come in to play. Here is where we can really dig deep to help you stay on your plan. I find this tool to be more effective than phone conversations as this messaging feature is one that both myself and the client can refer back to, however I also make myself available to chat by phone as well.
3. App Stats. I keep an eye on how many workouts are loaded each day and week and use this data to get a good idea on how clients are doing personally and as a group. This data lets me know if I need to do extra support and motivation that week or if a high five for a week well done overall is in order. Clients also get their own stats, and the app will alert the clients to achievements and badges for number of workouts logged, progress etc.
4. Personal Stats. Clients can enter in their account, before pictures and stats on weight and body measurements. As they update these stats the app keeps track and tracks improvement. This information is always private between clients and I.
5. Food Logging Feature. Clients can also log their daily food intake so that they can be held accountable to their healthy eating plan. This allows me to keep an eye on what clients are eating and I can make suggestions by commenting on the food log. The food log is also private so that only the client and I can see and can also sync with My Fitness Pal or Fit Bit accounts. Food logging is an excellent tool for accountability!
It's difficult to explain how special the Power Glow App is as it's something that you have to experience and use in order to understand how participation in the app helps keep PGF clients on track. Here are some testimonials from PGF app users:
"Power Glow's user friendly online training option. Whether you prefer the feedback and instant coaching you get from in-person training or the periodic virtual check-ins of online coaching--or maybe a little of both--Melanie will design a plan that you're comfortable with while still pushing you to the next level of fitness. Just call her. Seriously."
"I started training in Melanie's studio and then moved to online training 2 years ago. I absolutely love The PGF App. My workouts are loaded by Monday morning every week. There are instructional videos with the moves so I never have to wonder what I'm doing. I highly recommend Melanie Redd of Power Glow Fitness."
Contact Melanie Redd at email@example.com or call 937-470-9397 to discuss training options with the Power Glow App. Pricing starts at $100 per month for customized plans.
Photo shown is of the Power Glow app as it appears in the app store. You won't be able to download the app but you can take a peak at it by searching Power Glow Fitness in the app store. Contact me to find out how you can get your personal invitation to download the app today!